Posted by Nature's Gourmet Foods on 8/20/2020 to Recipes
This recipe was given to me by a friend, and it has been a family tradition ever since. No need to stuff the turkey. This dressing can be made the day before Thanksgiving and heated in the microwave 10 minutes before serving!
- 2 (4.5 ounce) packages instant long grain and wild rice
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground sage pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Prepare instant long grain and wild rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place ground pork sausage and ground sage pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Cook and stir celery, onion, mushrooms, and water chestnuts in the skillet until browned and tender. Season with garlic powder.
- Mix prepared rice, sausage, celery mixture, and eggs in the prepared baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Courtesy of Nature's Wild Rice.